In 2022, because of the commitment of supporters and activists like you, the courage of our clients, the work of our dedicated staff, and the on the ground efforts of our partners the ACLU of Illinois continued to protect and expand civil rights and liberties.
- Secured a new policy that limits Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) ability to detain immigrants in mass raids and traffic stops.
- Won an agreement from the federal Bureau of Prisons that allows for the first gender-affirming surgery for our client and clears the way for other medically necessary procedures for transgender people in federal prisons.
- Reached a settlement with the world’s largest facial surveillance company to protect how biometric information was collected and shared in Illinois.
- Fought to protect and expand abortion rights and access in Illinois post Dobbs.
- Challenged efforts by anti-LGBTQ groups to suppress inclusive community Drag events, and to remove affirming books from public spaces like libraries and schools.
If you are able, please make a gift today, to protect civil liberties and civil rights in Illinois and nationwide. Your continued partnership empowers us to act quickly against attacks on our rights and to advance justice. We must work together to bring us closer to a country where “We the People” truly means all of us.
Find out more about the ACLU of Illinois’ work this year:
- Listen to our recent podcast episodes on Talking Liberties
- View our Impact Reports: Fall | Summer | Spring
Be informed about our work in 2023:
- Sign up to Receive Action Alerts
- Sign up for People Power
- Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter