The ACLU of Illinois supports the rights of parents who choose to breastfeed their children. Breastfeeding parents in Illinois are protected by law from discrimination at work, at school, and in places of public accommodation.
If you experience discrimination relating to breastfeeding or pumping, or other discrimination relating to pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions, please share your story.
- Watch an ACLU of Illinois/Breastfeed Chicago webinar on pumping rights in the workplace.
- Learn more about what the ACLU of Illinois is doing to combat workplace discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions.
- View our fact sheet for more information on the protections under the Illinois Human Rights Act for pregnant, post-partum and breastfeeding employees and job applicants.
- Read about the federal laws that protect pregnant, post-partum and breastfeeding workers.
- Learn about what the ACLU is doing around the country to address breastfeeding discrimination.
- See what policies and practices are in place in states across the country for accommodating those who are breastfeeding during the bar exam.