File a witness slip in favor of SJRCA 4 by Wednesday, May 16th.
Equality of rights under the law shall not be abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
This week, an Illinois House Committee will consider whether the State of Illinois will ratify the Equal Rights Amendment. You can make your voice heard to speak out in favor of the very simple, very powerful words above.
The ERA is necessary now. Sex discrimination is not a thing of the past, and only the adoption of a strong Equal Rights Amendment provides courts at the state and federal level with a clear standard for striking back against such treatment of women.
Together, we can pass the ERA in Illinois and move both our state and the nation forward.
FILE A WITNESS SLIP IN SUPPORT OF THE ERA
HOW TO FILE A WITNESS SLIP:
- Identification: Fill in your name and contact information. You can list Self for Firm/Business and Title.
- Representation: Fill in Self or the name of an organization that you are a representative of.
- Position: Check the box next to Proponent.
- Testimony: Check the box next to Record of Appearance Only.
- Once you have agreed to the terms and services select Create Slip.
File a witness slip in support of the era