File a witness slip in oppostion of SB 2580 by Monday at 2pm.
Seven years after ending a discredited death penalty system in Illinois, the state legislature is considering reinstating capital punishment here. File a witness slip to express your objection to returning to this very dark time in our state’s history.
Illinois took a major step forward – passing legislation to end the use of capital punishment. That legislation was the end result of years of mounting evidence that the death penalty in Illinois was flawed, racially-biased and ineffective. The scene of an innocent person being released from death row – for a crime they did not commit – became common place.
Ignoring this sad history, Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner used a recent amendatory veto to write this ineffective system back into law.
File a witness slip to show your oppostion of Senate Bill 2580.
HOW TO FILE A WITNESS SLIP:
- Identification: Fill in your name and contact information. You can list Self for Firm/Business and Title.
- Representation: Fill in Self or the name of an organization that you are a representative of.
- Position: For subject matter select SB 2580. Check the box next to Opponent.
- Testimony: Check the box next to Record of Appearance Only.
- Once you have agreed to the terms and services select Create Slip.