In 2021, because of the commitment of supporters and activists like you, the courage of our clients, and the strength of our partnerships the ACLU of Illinois continued to protect and expand civil rights and liberties.
- Repealed the Parental Notice of Abortion Act to ensure that every person can make their own reproductive health care decisions.
- Attained accountability for Jaylan Butler, a Black college student, who was wrongly identified and held a gunpoint by police.
- Secured improved quality health care and appropriate housing for transgender people being detained by the state.
- Struck down an unconstitutional state law prohibiting panhandling in public streets and medians.
- Updated sexual health education standards to be more comprehensive and inclusive.
If you are able, please make a gift today, to protect civil liberties at the state, local, and national level. Together, we will protect and strengthen our democracy.
Find out more about the ACLU of Illinois’ work this year:
- Listen to our recent podcast episodes on Talking Liberties
- Read our Legislative Session Recap
- View our Impact Reports: March | July
Be informed about our work in 2022:
- Sign up to Receive Action Alerts
- Sign up for People Power
- Follow us on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter