The Springfield Chapter of the ACLU works in our state's capitol to help support the ACLU of Illinois' state initiatives. We encourage support of legislation supported by the ACLU of Illinois, as well as monitor local ACLU issues like law enforcement practices, access to full range of women's health care, immigration concerns, etc.
CONTACT THE CHAPTER:
President: Kenneth Page
The Springfield Chapter of the ACLU meets on the second Thursday or each month at 5:30 pm. Please email or follow us on Facebook for more information on attending a monthly meeting.
If you cannot attend our monthly meetings, there are other ways to be involved:
- The Springfield ACLU hosts an annual dinner in the fall of each year
- Active participants with Springfield Immigrant Advocacy Network
- Partnership with Coalition of Rainbow Alliances (CORAL)
- Partnership with Springfield Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Partnership with the Illinois State NAACP
- Partnership with Springfield Club of Frontiers International ( support of Junior Frontiers)
- Partnership with Illinois Innocence Project
- Participate in the Annual Juneteenth Parade in Springfield